This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for joining us for our third episode of The Ancestral RDs podcast! We’ve got a lot of great questions to choose from so thanks for submitting them! If you want to keep up with our podcasts, subscribe in iTunes and never miss an episode!
Remember, if you’d like to submit a question for our new podcast, or suggest a guest that we should host, CLICK HERE.
Here’s what Laura and Kelsey will be discussing in this episode:
- My question is on prebiotics and soluble fiber. I often hear Acacia fiber recommended for gut health as it can feed good bacteria. But doesnt this also feed bad bacteria too? I have noticed prebiotics being sold in the store but I just dont get how it can help if its also promoting bad bacteria growth. I thought any kind of soluble fibre/prebiotic will help both the good and bad. And if we have Bad bacteria overgrowth, don’t we want to reduce it by starving them off?
- I have problems with grains, and have been doing well on the GAPS diet. However, I’m also pregnant, and most recommendations for pregnant women include several servings of grains. Should I avoid or include grains during pregnancy?
- Paul Jaminet: The Danger of Protein During Pregnancy
- Loren Cordain: Protein Intake for Pregnant Women
- Our Nourishing Roots: 8 Ways To Get Enough Carbs on GAPS
- Stephan Guyenet: Beans, Lentils, and the Paleo Diet
- Chris Kresser: Are Legumes Paleo? And does it really matter?