This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for joining us for episode 9 of The Ancestral RDs podcast! If you want to keep up with our podcasts, subscribe in iTunes and never miss an episode!
We’re so happy to have Kate Callaghan, RD as a guest on our show today. Kate is a Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer and Lifestyle Coach specialising in hormone healing with over 13 years experience in the health and fitness industry. She focuses on the whole person, acknowledging that everyone is unique and, therefore, has different needs.
Her goal is to unite the nutritional, physical, emotional, mental, environmental and spiritual components of her clients’ lives to promote healing and wellbeing. Kate works with clients via Skype, helping others get to the root cause of their concerns to find optimal health and happiness.
Here’s what Kate, Kelsey, and Laura will be discussing in this episode:
- What the Female Athlete Triad and Hypothalamic Amenorrhea are and what causes these problems
- Health consequences of the Female Athlete Triad, both short and long term
- Common mistakes with going low carb Paleo that can contribute to hormonal issues
- How to recover from this common condition using nutrition, activity, and lifestyle change
- Kate’s site The Holistic Nutritionist
- Kate’s Facebook and Instagram pages
- Kate’s advice on Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
- Laura’s (controversial) post Paleo Women Are Phat
Note: While technology is amazing enough to let us have a three-way Skype chat with someone on the other side of the earth, unfortunately it isn’t perfect. We apologize for any drops in audio that you hear, or changes in sound quality. Hopefully you can hear well enough to get lots of great info from the podcast!