This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for joining us for episode 40 of The Ancestral RDs podcast. If you want to keep up with our podcasts, subscribe in iTunes and never miss an episode! Remember, please send us your question if you’d like us to answer it on the show!
Today we are interviewing Dr. Kate, one of the world’s foremost experts on a little known vitamin that is essential for good health and longevity, as well as avoiding chronic disease: Vitamin K2.
Dr. Kate Rhéaume-Bleue is a doctor of naturopathic medicine and author. A former faculty member at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Dr. Kate is a renowned expert in the field of natural health and speaks internationally on many topics related to natural medicine.
She is the author of the book Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life.
Dr. Kate is an incredibly knowledgable expert on vitamin K2 and it was a pleasure to have the opportunity to interview her on this fascinating topic!
Here are some of the questions we discussed with Dr. Kate:
- Why did you write a book on vitamin K2?
- Why might our diet not provide enough K2?
- What does K2 do in the body?
- What diseases/conditions does K2 help with/prevent?
- Why is supplementing with calcium not a good way to protect your bones?
- What foods are highest in K2?
- Is it possible to get enough K2 without supplementing?
- What K2 supplements do you recommend?
- How can you tell if you’re deficient in K2?
- What are some practical tips for keeping A, D, and K2 in balance?
- What is the difference between MK4 and MK7?
- Where can people get K2 if they can’t eat soy or dairy?
- What has surprised you most about vitamin K2?