This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for joining us for our sixth episode of The Ancestral RDs podcast! If you want to keep up with our podcasts, subscribe in iTunes and never miss an episode!
We are so thrilled to have our first guest on our show. Lily Nichols, RDN, CDE, CLT is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified LEAP Therapist and Certified Pilates Instructor whose approach to nutrition embraces real food, integrative medicine, and mindfulness.
She specializes in helping people with digestive issues heal from food sensitivities, supporting pregnant women to have the healthiest pregnancy possible (even if and especially when they have conditions like gestational diabetes), and helping Pilates teachers and students finally lose weight by ditching restrictive dieting habits, indulging in real food, and tuning in to their body’s inner cues.
Listen to this podcast if you want to learn more about gestational diabetes and nutrition during pregnancy. Remember, if you’d like to submit a question for our new podcast, or suggest a guest that we should host, CLICK HERE.
Here’s what Lily, Kelsey, and Laura will be discussing in this episode:
- What is gestational diabetes? How common is it?
- Why do women get gestational diabetes? Is this something they caused? What are their risk factors? Does it go away after pregnancy?
- How is GDM usually treated? Do all women need insulin or medication?
- What’s the conventional diet recommendation?
- Why do you take a different approach to gestational diabetes management? What type of diet do you suggest?
- How does exercise affect the blood sugar? What types of exercise are safe during pregnancy?
- Lily’s Book: Real Food for Gestational Diabetes: An Alternative to the Conventional Nutrition Approach
- Follow Lily on Facebook and Twitter
- Check out Lily’s great freebies
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment