This post may contain affiliate links.
Thanks for joining us for our fifth episode of The Ancestral RDs podcast! If you want to keep up with our podcasts, subscribe in iTunes and never miss an episode!
We talked about treating SIBO last week, and this week Kelsey addresses some common issues that come up when trying to treat SIBO and another condition like Adrenal Fatigue at the same time. Laura will be discussing nightshades and how to determine if they’re worth eliminating in your diet.
Remember, if you’d like to submit a question for our new podcast, or suggest a guest that we should host, CLICK HERE.
Here’s what Laura and Kelsey will be discussing in this episode:
- I have SIBO, adrenal fatigue and a bunch of other issues. I’m eating low FODMAP. Apparently with SIBO it’s important to avoid starchy vegetables and fruit. But with adrenal fatigue, I end up in trouble if I don’t have enough carbs each day. Adding to the confusion, I’ve seen articles that encourage people to increase their intake of starchy vegetables if suffering from constipation (which is my main symptom of SIBO). I really have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing. Should I EAT or AVOID starchy vegetables and fruit? And if I’m avoiding, then what on earth do I eat for carbohydrates?
- How will I know whether or not I need to eliminate nightshades? (28:09)
- SIBO and Carbohydrate Intake – quote from this article “Dr. Pimentel’s theory in regard to diet during antibiotic treatment is to NOT be on a low fermentable carb diet while using antibiotics as the microbes go in a hibernation phase and are less likely to be eradicated.”
- The Paleo Mom: Modifying Paleo for Autoimmune Disease
- The Paleo Mom: The Why’s Behind the Autoimmune Protocol
- The Paleo Mom: You May Have an Autoimmune Disease But Don’t Know It!
- Melissa Joulwan’s Autoimmune Paleo Diet Experiment