This post may contain affiliate links.
I’m trying to decide how I want to intro these Fed For Real recipe posts.
I’m tempted to do some quick personal updates in them since I no longer have the opportunity to do that regularly on the podcast.
I know I enjoy learning more about my favorite health and wellness bloggers, so I assume you’ll enjoy learning more about me!
(Let me know in the comments below if you like the idea of these personal updates being paired with my recipe posts!)
Josh and I had a tough couple of weeks. His uncle passed away unexpectedly and we had to make an unplanned weekend trip up to Northwest Ohio for the funeral.
There were definitely some stressful moments during this time that challenged me to grow!
Marriage is an incredible blessing that also comes with some seriously uncomfortable personal growth.
But I hope my honesty and openness in sharing the highs and lows that Josh and I go through together will encourage you in your marriage, or better prepare you for a future marriage.
The more we talk openly about real life, and real struggles, the less alone we’ll all feel when we’re going through tough times.
I hope my blog and social media pages are a source of truth and comfort for you in a world of perfectly-posed Instagram shots and fake positivity!
Anyway, here’s my recipe for the week. This one is breakfast, which is my favorite meal of the day! (Well technically brunch is my favorite, but that’s just because I get to sleep in on brunch days.)
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week
Macro Balanced Breakfast Bowl
Breakfast is a prime time to squeeze in a few extra serves of veggies, quality proteins and healthy fats.
This tasty bowl checks all those boxes, and is packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients to help support your health throughout the day.
To save time, chop ingredients in a batch ahead of time if repeating for breakfast during the week.
Macro Balanced Breakfast Bowl
Prep time: 5 min / Cook time: 5 min / Total time: 10 minutes
1 serving = 408 calories, 22g fat, 25g protein, 30g carbs, 6g fiber
- 1 tsp Coconut oil (or fat of choice)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic- finely chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini – diced
- 1/2 cup Swiss chard or Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos or Organic Tamari
- 1 Egg – pasture raised if possible
- 2oz (56g) Smoked Wild Salmon slices, sustainably caught if possible
- 1 slice of Gluten- free bread (high quality) – toasted*
- I like Canyon Bakehouse
- ¼ medium Avocado
- ¼ Lemon
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs Sauerkraut or Kim Chi
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium temperature. Saute the garlic and zucchini for 2 minutes until soft**. Remove from heat.
- Add the swiss chard and coconut aminos, cooking for another minute. Remove from heat.
- Pan fry the egg. Remove from heat.
- Assemble ingredients in your favorite bowl, add the salmon and avocado spread on the toast.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with sauerkraut or kim chi. Season with salt and pepper.
* For paleo alternative substitute in either ½ cup grated sweet potato and cook with the zucchini or a medium piece of fruit.
** You can save time by turning this into a scramble and cooking the garlic, zucchini, coconut aminos, greens, egg and salmon together in a pan.