This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s Thursday! Which means it’s time for a recipe post.
FYI – I am cutting back the frequency on these recipe posts because I’m hoping to spend more time on writing legit blog posts. I have been so swamped with client work and hopefully hiring some team members, that writing just completely fell by the wayside.
But there’s two issues with that. One, I really do LIKE writing and need to do it more often. The downside about having a blog is that it can suck the joy out of writing. But I’m trying to figure out a system to make the blogging actually happen.
The second issue is that I keep getting questions from you all that I don’t have answers to on the site! There are so many great topics I’ve thought about writing about, but have just let them float around as ideas. And sometimes I just end up forgetting those ideas, which is really unfortunate!
So consider this my public commitment to writing more. I really do enjoy educating you all and have a lot on my mind that I could be writing about, so I need you to hold me accountable to working on this blog!
Share with me in the comments below what topics you’d like me to cover on the blog! I want to create content that serves YOU… so tell me what you want! 🙂
And without further ado, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week!
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Lemony Sardines on Toast
Wild sardines, although readily available at most grocery stores, are often overlooked. Unfairly so… These little flavor bombs are nutrient powerhouses! And they’re a great breakfast protein source for those who can’t eat eggs.
Sardines are excellent sources of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and essential micronutrients like vitamin B12, selenium, iodine, vitamin D, and tons of bioavailable calcium. You might be surprised to find that sardines aren’t as fishy tasting as you’d expect, and the added lemon cuts that fish flavor even further.
Get more great macro balanced recipes like this – along with shopping guides and meal planning tips – in our 14 Day Calorie Challenge!
Lemony Sardines on Toast
Prep time: 5 min / Total time: 5 minutes
1 serving = 415 calories, 16g fat, 24g protein, 44g carbs, 6g fiber
- 2.8oz (80g) canned wild-caught Sardines in brine, drained
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 small Tomato, diced
- 1 tsp Chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Mint, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 cup Arugula
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 slices Gluten Free Bread, toasted
- ½ whole Orange, sliced into wedges
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chili flakes and sardines. Cook for 1-2 minutes. You can break apart the sardines if you prefer.
- Remove from heat. Stir through the parsley, mint, lemon juice (to desired taste) and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula over the pieces of toast and top with the tomato sardine mixture. Serve with ½ an orange.
- For a higher fat, higher calorie breakfast, spread some mashed avocado or high quality mayo on the toast, under the sardines! Yum!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment