Happy Thursday, friend!
September has certainly been a crazy month for me so far. I was sick with a monster virus for the first week or two, then NC got hit with Hurricane Florence. Thank goodness downtown Raleigh was pretty much spared from the damage, but there was a pretty large impact in our state in general and it took some time for things to get back to normal around here.
I hit the ground running for the last week or two of the month when it comes to my business. The first major change is that I finally have a virtual assistant and project manager who is doing a great job helping me delegate tasks and get the “busy work” off my plate so I can serve my tribe (that’s YOU!) more effectively. I’m already feeling a major weight off my shoulders and all we’ve really done so far is gotten my email inbox under control!
The second major business change that happened in the past two weeks is I signed up to work with a new business coach. I’ve done coaching in the past but for the past 9 months have really been flying solo trying to figure things out on my own. I realized recently that I really needed to step things up and hire a coach who was well aligned with my business desires in order to take things to the next level. The cool thing is this coach is a “faith-forward” business coach so I’ll be able to bring God into the conversation as well as meet other female Christian entrepreneurs in our mastermind.
So now I have two coaches, an athletic trainer and a business coach! There’s something really amazing that happens when you decide to take yourself more seriously and hire an expert to help you make progress, and I’m pumped to see what happens in my business in the next year thanks to the work I do with this new coach I’ve hired.
So that’s what’s up in my world lately! And if you’re just here for the food, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Smoked Salmon + Beet Salad
Beet season is in full swing, so it’s the perfect time to add these beautiful, boldly colored veggies to your diet.
Beets are great source of folate, manganese, potassium, fiber, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. They are also rich in dietary nitrates which have been linked to healthy blood pressure and improved oxygen flow around the body.
Smoked Salmon + Beet Salad
Prep time: 10 min / Cook Time: 30 min / Total time: 40 minutes
1 serving = 705 calories, 26g fat, 38g protein, 80g carbs, 12g fiber
- 2 large Beets, peeled
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa (about 1 cup dry)
- 2 TB Pomegranate molasses
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 2 TB Olive oil
- ½ Red onion, diced
- 4 cups Mixed leafy greens
- 8oz (226g) Smoked Salmon or Mackerel fillet, flaked (can also use canned salmon or leftovers instead)
- 2 TB capers, in brine
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C). Wrap the peeled beets in foil and bake in oven for ~30 min or until soft when poked with a fork. Allow to cool then slice into wedges.
- Cook quinoa as per label. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine pomegranate molasses, lemon and olive oil in a small jar.
- Combine quinoa, cooked beets, onion, leafy greens, flaked fish and capers in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve half the salad per person. Enjoy!