Happy Thursday, fam!
We’re in our third week of my Get Your Period Back live group program and I’m stoked to see all the “lightbulb moments” my students in the program are having!
I love watching women solve their health issues once they get the right information and tools that help them make progress towards their goals.
It made me think about how often we take our need for objective feedback for granted.
Many of us believe we know exactly what we’re doing and refuse to let anyone help us find a better way.
I’ve been there before. Heck, I’m still struggling with that “I can do it ALL” mentality in my life!
But what are we missing when we refuse to ask for help?
When we assume that we can muscle our way through life’s challenges without needing anyone else to guide us?
I truly believe we all grow and develop so much quicker when we have someone guiding us and supporting us. I’ve seen that in my work with my personal trainer/lifting coach over the past 3 years.
And I’m also seeing it right now as I seek more support and guidance in the growth and change of my business.
So, I want to ask you… what’s an area of YOUR life that you’ve asked for help in and accomplished more than you dreamed possible?
OR… is there an area of your life that’s demanding you to ask for help?
Share your story in the comments below!
And without further ado, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Chicken & Chickpea curry
Traditionally a staple throughout Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines, chickpeas are now enjoyed worldwide. These versatile legumes boast a range of beneficial nutrients including protein, low glycemic carbohydrates, fiber, folate, manganese and plant-based iron.
Find the fiber load a little hard on your digestion? Try soaking them overnight to break down some of the fiber and phytic acid. This also improves the nutrient availability!
Chicken & Chickpea Curry
Prep time: 5 min / Cook Time: 20 /Total time: 25 minutes
1 serving = 693 calories, 25g fat, 44g protein, 73g carbs, 12g fiber
- 1.5 cups cooked Organic Basmati White Rice (~½ cup raw)
- 1 TB Coconut oil
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 TB Curry Powder
- 8oz (220g) Organic Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 cups (16 oz) organic Chickpeas (canned), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (8 oz) diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- ½ Lemon
- 2 TB Cilantro
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, regularly stirring.
- Add the bell pepper, chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. Gently stir through until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through baby spinach.
- Serve half the curry with half the cooked rice, topped with a wedge of lemon and cilantro.