Happy Thursday, friend!
Is anyone else having a crazy fall so far? I’ve definitely upped the ante in both my personal and work life, and I’m taking some time to re-evaluate my schedule.
I have always struggled with not over-working when I’m really passionate about something, so I have to be incredibly mindful about scheduling rest time and allowing myself to be unproductive.
But I’m really excited about the work I’m doing right now, which is why it’s hard to rest. One of the big projects I’ve been working on is my FREE video training series: The 3 Rules About Food and Fitness That Need To Be Broken
This free video series will teach you how to break the three most common food and fitness “rules” and finally start making progress in your health and fitness goals!
I’m about to go live tonight with Rule #3 so be sure to register for the training so you get all the reminders and replay links sent directly to your email. Plus you’ll get INSTANT access to the first training video when you sign up!
Once you watch the videos, make sure to leave a comment below the video letting me know what you learned from the training. And remember – I’m giving away free prizes LIVE on the calls so you’ll want to show up live if you can!
Click here to register for the training and learn the 3 food and fitness rules you need to BREAK in order to achieve your healthiest body, mind, and spirit!
And without further ado, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Nothing beats a simple bolognese. “Bolognese” is simply a meat-based pasta sauce originating from Bologna, Italy – hence the name!
Hearty and nourishing, this gluten-free alternative packs a solid protein punch thanks to the combination of grassfed beef and red lentil pasta. The tomato sauce is rich in a powerful antioxidant called lycopene which has been associated with health benefits spanning the heart, eyes, brain, nerves, and bones.
Prep time: 5min / Cook Time: 45 min /Total time: 50 minutes
1 serving = 697 calories, 17g fat, 47g protein, 75g carbs, 8g fiber
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- ½ White Onion, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 6oz (170g) 90% lean Ground Beef (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 Tb Organic Tomato paste
- 16oz (500ml) Organic Tomato purée
- Splash of red wine (optional)
- 3 cups dry Red lentil pasta
- 1 large handful of Fresh Basil
- 4 cups of Baby Spinach
- 1 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TB Parmesan Cheese
- Cook lentil pasta as per instructions.
- Heat olive oil on medium in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onion and red pepper, sauté until soft.
- Add the beef and brown.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomato purée, and red wine if using. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15-30 min (longer for deeper flavor).
- Stir through basil and baby spinach just before removing from heat.
- Stir through lentil pasta.
- Serve half the pasta with a sprinkling of parmesan and dash of balsamic vinegar.