This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy New Year, friend!
I’m really excited for 2019 to get kicked off. I don’t know about you but I’ve got a BIG year ahead of me.
Things on my radar include building a house (and moving to that new house!), joining a business mastermind for Christian business women, planning an in-person workshop, and more.
My word for 2019 is “VISION” which means I am getting serious about crafting a vision for the life I want to live and making the mindset shifts that have to happen to see that vision through.
It’s always exciting (and a little scary) being an entrepreneur, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.
Share in the comments below what your big plans are for 2019… I’d love to hear what’s going on in your world!
And if you’re just hungry, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week!
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Slow Cooked CURRIED Lamb Shanks
Lamb shanks are the perfect cut of meat for slow-cooked stews and curries. Cooked low and slow, the meat basically melts off the bone….. juicy, tender and warming as we approach the coldest part of winter.
Slow cooked dishes are powerful vehicles for immune supportive ingredients like fresh garlic, herbs, spices, and cruciferous veggies. Choose cuts of meats with the bone in (like lamb shanks or oxtail) for extra points, where the beneficial collagen and minerals add an extra nutritional boost.
Slow Cooker Curried Lamb Shanks
Prep time: 5 min / 1.5 hr – 6 hr Cook Time: /Total time: 1.55 hr – 6.05 hr
1 serving = 714 calories, 26g fat, 50g protein, 72g carbs, 10g fiber
- 2 cups cooked White Jasmine or Basmati rice (⅔ cup raw)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil or fat of choice
- 1 lb Lamb Shanks, grass fed
- ½ white or yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- 3 TB Red Curry Paste (e.g. Thai kitchen)
- 3 TB 100% Peanut or Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup full fat Coconut milk
- 1 TB fresh Lime juice
- 1 TB Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar or Honey (optional)
- 2 cups Sugar Snap or Snow peas, trimmed
- 1 head Bok Choy, thinly sliced.
- ½ cup fresh Basil or Cilantro, chopped
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium and gently brown the lamb shanks for a few minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and lamb shanks to a slow cooker/ crock pot. If using a dutch oven, preheat the oven to 320F (160C).
- Combine the curry paste, nut butter and coconut milk in a small glass. Pour over the shanks and coat evenly.
- Cook in slow cooker on (low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours) or 1.5 hours in oven.
- Time Saving Tip: You can also cook lamb shanks in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Cook on high for 45 minutes and allow the pressure to self-release over 15 minutes.
- Stir through the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar (if using) and snow peas with 20 minutes cooking time to go.
- Remove from heat. Stir through bok choy and fresh herbs. Shred meat off the bone and stir through curry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve half the lamb shank curry with 1 cup of cooked rice.