This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy Thursday, friend!
This fall is really flying by, isn’t it? (And if you live in the south like I do, we’re STILL waiting on that fall weather!)
I’ve got some amazing projects cooking for you all over the next few months, and I want to remind you that I’m looking for YOUR feedback. Yes, that means YOU!
The next big thing I’m working on is a program to teach you all about carbs and how to healthfully incorporate them into your diet. It’s going to include video/audio training, Q&As with yours truly, and bonus resources to help you get the most out of the program.
The course will be a complete “brain dump” of everything I know about carbs and how to figure out your ideal amount of carbs to eat, when to eat them, etc. I’m really excited to get this thing off the ground!
Click Here to fill out the brief survey and help me ensure I’m covering all the biggest questions about carbs in that program!
And if you’re just here for the food, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Fancy Eggs on Toast
You can’t beat a simple breakfast of eggs on toast. But let’s spice things up a bit! Adding in the halloumi, avocado and figs helps to bump up the fiber, fat and protein content, while throwing in some subtle flavors without the extra work.
It’s good habit to get into: stopping and looking at ways of making simple meals you commonly eat a little more nourishing. Ask yourself, what would add value here… Some leafy greens? Fresh herbs? Grass fed cheese? Nuts or seeds? Choose your own adventure and try it with your next meal!
Fancy Eggs on Toast
Prep time: <5min / 10 Cook Time: /Total time: 15 minutes
1 serving = 410 calories, 18g fat, 20g protein, 46g carbs, 7g fiber
- 1 tsp Olive oil (or fat of choice)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 slices Halloumi (greek grilling cheese) or ¼ cup feta
- 1 Slice grainy gluten free bread (e.g. Canyon bakery Heritage loaf), toasted
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
- 2 medium figs, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry eggs. Alternatively you can poach or scramble them. Remove from heat.
- Grill halloumi in same skillet until both sides are golden.
- Spread avocado on the toast. Squeeze over lemon.
- Stack the eggs on top, followed by the halloumi and figs.
- Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!