This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy Thursday, friend!
In case you missed it, I announced last week that I’m taking on 3 new private one-on-one clients to work with me in my brand new Fed and Fearless Coaching program.
I wanted you to know that in addition to those private spots, I’m also creating a group coaching experience for a special group of ladies who want to be in a small community of likeminded women while they work through their health challenges and completely transform their mindset around their bodies and their health plan.
If you have interest in working with me in the next 6-8 months, now’s the time to apply!
Check out the coaching program here and apply for your complimentary discovery session if you feel like now’s the time to finally get your health habits to a place where you can feel your best and focus on more important things than your body.
Alright, now it’s recipe time! Football season is in full swing, so I wanted to share with y’all a healthier version of those nachos we all love to eat while cheering on our favorite team, whether you watch college or NFL! So here’s your #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Pork Nacho Bowl
A no-fuss, Mexican-inspired bowl for busy weeknights or football Sundays, this dish will have you eating the rainbow in less than 25 minutes! It’s a great source of fiber and low glycemic carbohydrates, which promote steady energy and balanced blood sugar levels.
This dish is exploding with antioxidants and phytonutrients, thanks to all those colorful vegetables and spices. No need to go to Chipotle with a recipe like this one!
Pork Nacho Bowl
Prep time: 5min / 20 Cook Time: /Total time: 25 minutes
1 serving = 701 calories, 32g fat, 39g protein, 75g carbs, 18g fiber
- ½ White Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tsp ground Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp ground Oregano
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 TB Olive oil or Coconut oil
- 14oz (400g) Ground Pork, organic
- 2 cups canned Pinto or Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Organic Corn Tortillas or Grain Free Tortillas
- 2 cups Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Carrot, grated
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- ½ medium Avocado, diced
- 1 Lime, juice
- 2 TB Grated Cheese, full fat, organic (optional)
- 2 TB Sauerkraut or choice of fermented vegetable (optional)
- Combine cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add ½ TB oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and stir through.
- Add the pork and beans. Stir occasionally until cooked through.
- Cut corn tortillas into wedges and toast under a grill/broiler until crispy.
- Combine cabbage, carrot, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, cumin and remaining olive oil in a large bowl and toss until well combined.
- Serve half of the pork with half the tortilla chips and half the salad in a large bowl. Top with 1TB cheese if using and 1 TB of sauerkraut.