This post may contain affiliate links.
Hey there friend!
This week I’m writing to you from a 70s-decorated motel in Grand Haven, Michigan. I’m a little less than halfway through my epic road trip with my husband.
I was in Toronto last weekend for a conference called Tribe Live, run by an entrepreneur named Stu McLaren. The purpose of the conference was to teach us in attendance how to create and launch a membership program for our community (aka our “Tribe”).
It was the first business conference I’ve ever been to, which was an interesting experience for sure! But I learned a lot and I cannot WAIT to start taking some action steps on creating different programs and membership options for my business.
Stay tuned for an announcement in the next couple of months (maybe weeks…) once I’m ready to enroll my “beta” group to test the program out!
Now if you’re hungry, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Grilled Lamb Chops with Summer Salad
Variety is the key to a healthy diet and red meat is no exception. If you are looking for a tasty alternative to beef, grass fed lamb is a wonderful addition to your diet.
Lamb is rich in protein, iron, B vitamins, zinc and selenium, important nutrients for immune health and general wellbeing. And even though lamb as a meat isn’t as popular in the US as it is in other areas in the world, lamb chops are typically available in most supermarkets.
Yesterday was the first day of summer, so let’s celebrate with a tasty summer salad! Since this salad contains potatoes, you can enjoy this as a complete meal.
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH SUMMER SALAD
Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 40 min / Total time: 50 minutes
1 serving = 706 calories, 32g fat, 40g protein, 75g carbs, 7g fiber
- 4 cups Baby potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz (225g) Lamb loin chops, pasture raised
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ bulb of fennel, shaved or thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 cups Arugula or leafy greens
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- Steam the baby potatoes until soft when poked with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or large skillet to medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine: 1 tsp of olive oil with the garlic the zest of one lemon, a TB of lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper. Coat the chops evenly with the marinade.
- Grill the chops on medium heat until desired level of rareness.
- Combine the cherry tomatoes, fennel, parsley, mint, arugula and cooled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining tsp of olive oil, honey, mustard, red wine vinegar and 1 TB of lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss through.
- Serve half of the salad with half the chops and season with salt and pepper.