This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy Thursday, friend!
It has been a busy summer since we got back from our June road trip. I launched a live group for my Get Your Period Back program, started working as a TA in Chris Kresser’s health coach training program, and had to put my new client application on a waitlist!
One of the most exciting things I did, though, was finally create an online Facebook community for my tribe. This has been a long time coming and I finally pulled the trigger on it earlier this month. And we already have 500+ members which is amazing!
The Fed and Fearless Society is a community of women who are becoming fearless in the pursuit of better health.
This group is for overstressed, overtrained, and undernourished women who want to get back to better physical, mental, and spiritual health. It’s for women who struggle with balancing healthy habits and living a meaningful life, who tend to be all-or-nothing in their approach to diet and exercise, and want to learn how to create a healthy lifestyle that doesn’t revolve around fear or guilt.
If you’re a woman who wants to meet other women just like you, get guidance on how to optimize your diet and lifestyle, learn a new way of thinking about health, and have support in making the changes you need to make, then you belong in The Fed and Fearless Society!
Click HERE to join us in this awesome new group!
And without further ado, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Rainbow caesar salad
How do you enhance the antioxidant value of a Caesar salad? Pump it up with colorful, seasonal produce!
This summer-inspired variation does just that with the addition of raw beets, fresh peaches and juicy tomatoes. These non-traditional ingredients impart a subtle natural sweetness, while boosting the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory content… a win-win!
Get more great macro balanced recipes like this – along with shopping guides and meal planning tips – in our 14 Day Calorie Challenge!
Rainbow Caesar Salad
Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 30 min / Total time: 40 minutes
1 serving = 708 calories, 29g fat, 40g protein, 74g carbs, 10g fiber
- 2 cup cooked Quinoa (⅓ cup raw) – soaked, rinsed
- 2 slices Bacon – pasture raised, e.g. applegate
- 2 Eggs, pasture raised – boiled
- 6oz (170g) Organic Rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast – sliced
- 1 head Romaine lettuce – washed and sliced
- 1 cup raw Beets – grated
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- 1.5 cup fresh Peaches – washed and sliced
- 3 TB Paleo friendly Mayonnaise, e.g. Primal kitchen
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 slice Gluten Free Bread – toasted (or stale), cubed into croutons
- Cook the quinoa as per instructions and set aside.
- Hard boil the two eggs, peel and cut in half.
- Pan fry or broil the bacon and slice into small pieces.
- Toss the quinoa, bacon, chicken, lettuce, beets, tomatoes and peaches into a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss through.
- Serve halve the salad topped with one boiled egg and half of the croutons. Enjoy!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment