This post may contain affiliate links.
Hey friend! It’s the last Thursday before Christmas… and the last Fed for Real recipe of 2018!
2018 has been a busy year, with lots of changes in my personal and business life. I launched a new online program, ran another live version of my Get Your Period Back program, and coached dozens of women towards better physical, mental, and spiritual health. I started working with a new faith-based business coach and hired a new executive assistant. My husband and I began the process of building a house in Holly Springs, NC, and I started co-hosting a women’s group with one of my best friends at church.
So much happened in 2018, and I’m excited to see what 2019 will bring! I have big plans for this year and I’m excited to see how things unfold. And I’m most excited for my small group health and mindset coaching program – Fed and Fearless Coaching.
Fed and Fearless Coaching is a 6 month small group coaching experience designed to guide you through your journey to becoming the confident, purpose-driven woman of your dreams.
Our highly interactive and intimate group will cover coaching topics such as:
- Strategies for determining your ideal diet
- Training tips for strength and performance, fat loss and/or visual muscle definition
- Finding the right macro balance (protein/carbs/fat) for you
- Overcoming undereating and repairing your relationship with food
- How to use “intuitive eating” while staying healthy
- Strategies for implementing a regular self care practice
- Eating for specific health concerns (gut issues, hormone issues, autoimmunity, etc.)
- Balancing hormones for a regular cycle and optimal fertility
- Improving your digestive function without getting stuck on strict elimination diets
- How to apply faith or spirituality to your health and wellness pursuits
- …and more!
I’m SO excited to lead this small group of purpose-driven women in finding their ideal approach to health so they can live their best life. If you want to be part of this amazing group, click here to apply for your spot! Applications are due Friday 12/28 and spots are limited, so make sure you apply soon if you want to join us to make 2019 your best year ever.
And if you’re just here for the food, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Pork with Honey-Roasted Veggies
Pork is a great source of dietary protein, B group vitamins, selenium and zinc. It’s a versatile meat that is a staple in cuisines around the world. Although pork is delicious and nutritious, it is one of the harder types of meat to buy from sustainable sources, especially in North Carolina where I live (the country’s #2 hog-producing state.)
Ethically produced pork is worth the hunt though, knowing the animals were raised humanely and in conditions suited to their health and well-being (which benefits our health and well-being, as well as our environment). Look for sustainable cuts at your local farmers markets, directly from local producers or high quality box delivery services.
Pork with Honey-Roasted Veggies
Prep time: 10min / 45 Cook Time: /Total time: 55 minutes
1 serving = 699 calories, 28g fat, 45g protein, 76g carbs, 16g fiber
- 12 oz Pork Medallions or Chops
- ½ TB grass fed Butter or fat of choice
- 1 tsp ground Sage, Rosemary or Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 ½ TB Olive oil
- 1 TB raw Honey
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 3 cups Sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 3 cups Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 2 cups Beets, peeled, chopped
- 3 cups leafy Greens of choice
- ½ TB Balsamic or Apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB Sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
- Melt butter and mix in choice of herbs. Brush the pork with the herb butter blend. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine 2 TB olive oil, honey and cinnamon in a small glass. Arrange sweet potato, sprouts and beets on 2 large baking trays. Coat with honey dressing, season with salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes or until soft and golden. Remove from heat.
- Heat outdoor grill or large skillet to medium. Cook the pork on both sides until cooked through.
- Serve half the pork with half the roasted vegetables and 1.5 cups of leafy greens. Splash over half the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1 TB sauerkraut.