Happy Thursday, friend! I hope all you Americans had an awesome Fourth of July. I just realized I should have posted these banana pancakes prior to yesterday since they’d have been a perfect red-white-and-blue(ish) breakfast! Oh well, I’ll just have to share them next year.
I got pretty vulnerable on Instagram a few days ago. (By the way if you’re not following me there, you really should… I share so much more content on IG these days than I do here on the blog!)
I have been preparing to take some big, scary steps in my business this year. And as many of you know, as soon as you look to make a big change in your life, that’s when the negative self talk and resistance gets cray-cray.
The doubts and fear creep into my head. All the “what if I fail” questions swirl around and paralyze me, preventing me from taking the next action step. (Sound familiar?)
But I’ve committed to pushing through this resistance. Because you all need what I have to share with the world, and I want to create a business and a life I love! It’ll be a win-win situation. Everyone will benefit from these changes I have planned.
I’m honestly excited for what the next half of the year is going to bring. And I’m really glad to have you along for the ride! This is going to be awesome.
Now you tell me… do you struggle with resistance to change? What’s a big plan you’ve had on your mind for a while that you need to JUST DO?
Share your commitment to imperfect action in the comments below!
And without further ado, here’s the #FedForReal recipe of the week! 🙂
Fed For Real
Recipe of the week:
Who doesn’t love banana pancakes? Soft, fluffy and delicious, this breakfast favorite is a healthier take on traditional pancake recipes laden with refined flour and sugar. And they’re incredibly easy to whip together!
Bananas are a versatile, carb-dense fruit that boast a range of beneficial nutrients. They are high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and antioxidants, just to name a few.
Just try not to get Jack Johnson stuck in your head when you’re cooking this banana pancakes recipe.
Prep time: 2 min / Cook time: 5 min / Total time: 7 minutes
1 serving = 410 calories, 20g fat, 22g protein, 41g carbs, 6g fiber
- 2 Large Bananas, peeled
- 6 Eggs, pasture raised
- 1 TB coconut flour or 2 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ TB Butter or Coconut oil
- ½ cup Yogurt (dairy or coconut), unsweetened, full fat
- ½ cup Fresh Berries of choice, quartered
- Combine bananas, eggs, coconut flour and cinnamon into a blender and blitz for a few seconds until combined
- Melt ¼ of the butter in a small skillet on medium heat. Add ~½ cup of batter and evenly coat the surface.
- Cook batter on low- medium heat for ~1 minute or until small bubbles start to form. Flip the pancake and cook for another minute or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve half of the pancakes topped with a dollop (~¼ cup) of yogurt and ¼ cup fresh berries. Enjoy!